Sparky 4th of July recipes for a summer cookout
We will soon be welcoming the day of red, white, and blue that is characterized by splendid fireworks, warm summer breeze, sun-tanned skin, and unmissable barbeques! While every family has its version of celebrating the 4th of July holiday, the mouth-watering grilled treats seem to be a ubiquitous tradition.
Here are some fun barbeque recipes for the 4th of July to host your family & friends:-
Lime & Rosemary Shrimp Skewers
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
· Fresh parsley minced – 2 tablespoons
· White wine or orange juice – 2 tablespoons
· Garlic minced – 4 cloves
· Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
· Lime zest grated – 1 tablespoon
· Lime juice – 1 tablespoon
· Salt – ½ tablespoon or as per taste
· Pepper – ½ tablespoons
· Fresh rosemary sprigs – 12 stalks of 4 to 6 inches
· Uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined – 1 to ½ pounds
· Lime wedges (optional)
· Mix the following ingredients in a bowl: minced parsley, white wine or orange juice, minced garlic, olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
· For the skewers, remove all the leaves from the bottom of the rosemary sprigs leaving only about 1 or 2 inches of leaves at the top. Set the skewers aside.
· Finely chop the removed rosemary leaves from the sprigs and add them to the mixture in the bowl.
· Add shrimp to the bowl and toss lightly to coat it with the prepared concoction. Cover it and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
· Thread the shrimps into the rosemary skewers and grill them covered for about 3 minutes on each side until they turn pink.
· Serve the lime and rosemary shrimp skewers with lime wedges.
Grilled Vegetables with Caper Butter
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
· Butter, cubed – ¼ cup
· Garlic minced – 2 cloves
· Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
· Capers drained and chopped – 2 tablespoons
· Fresh parsley minced – 1 tablespoon
· 2 Medium zucchinis halved lengthwise
· 2 Medium crookneck or yellow summer squash halved lengthwise
· 1 Yellow or orange pepper quartered
· 1 Red pepper quartered
· 2 Portobello mushrooms with stems removed
· 3 trimmed green onions
· Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
· Salt – ½ tablespoon
· Pepper – ½ tablespoon
· Melt butter in a small saucepan add garlic to it can cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
· Add lemon juice and capers and cook for another 2 minutes finally adding and stirring in the parsley.
· Brush the vegetables with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
· The zucchini, squash, and peppers, need to be grilled covered, over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
· The mushrooms and onions have to be grilled covered, for 2 minutes on each side until tenderly cooked.
· Serve the vegetables by drizzling the remaining butter lightly over them.
Creamy Ranch Potatoes
Cooking Time: 6 to 8 hours
· Small red potatoes, quartered – 2 pounds
· Fully cooked ham, cubed – 1 cup
· Cream of potato soup, undiluted – 1 can
· Spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
· Chives minced – 2 tablespoons
· Ranch salad dressing
· Pepper – 1 tablespoon
· Pepper jack cheese, grated – 6 ounces
· Combine all the ingredients except for the pepper jack cheese in a 4 qt slow cooker.
· Cook it while covered until the potatoes are tender for about 6 to 8 hours.
· Combine once cooked and serve with grated cheese.
Relish in these succulent grilled flavors on the 4th of July and enhance their enjoyment by partaking in the festivities with loved ones on a calm, safe summer afternoon.